Saturday, March 26, 2011

looking toward the future

Thursday 11.2km Yesterday 6.4km. 


People in north-east Japan are tough. The images and stories of devastation in north-east Japan broadcast by Japanese media were switched to the effort of recovery during the past week. I can watch people in smile in the field of corrupted houses finding their own treasure from what's left. I can watch high school baseball players do their best performance to support the disaster affected people in the region. I can watch the kids gathering back to school playing with their friends. After 2 weeks from the disaster, despite of difficult aid efforts, searching for many missing people, nuclear power plant situation, shortage of electricity and goods,  etc., they aren't looking down nor looking back, but they look toward the future. 




My boss invited me among other coworkers to his fishing today. I'm not fisherman, but I enjoyed the beautiful day and fishing dolphin fishes with others on the boat. Looking up the sky with thinly stretched cloud embracing aircraft approaching to the airport, I thought about myself and people in Japan. I felt in peace for the moment.







1 comment:

  1. I love your title!
    I like running. so i run.
    This is the essence of life.
    Your photos are a resting place for my soul...thanks

    ReplyDelete