Sunday, May 15, 2011

Ring of Rainbow

This has been rainy weekend. My friend is participating half iron man race today. Wishing his best, I thought I'd do my part and I'd do my half marathon. I ran 21.6km. I usually go running in the morning or in the evening when the air is cooler and the sun is not high. I went around noon today instead, when it was supposed to be couple hours of clear sky between raining. 

Just 2 km away from where I was supposed to finish, I was crossing on the bridge. Approaching at the top of the bridge, I saw a bridge operator, outside of his operator's room, was looking up the sky and pointing his camera up into the sky. 

I looked up, then I saw a complete circular ring of rainbow around the sun in the middle of the sky covered by thin and wide clouds. I wouldn't have noticed it if I didn't see him, because the sun and the rainbow was above my head. I stopped and chat a little bit about it with him and I left. While I kept running back, I kept looking up once in a while to see the ring of the rainbow around the sun.

About 10 minutes later when I came back to where I parked my car, the ring of the rainbow was still there. It disappeared minutes later. 

No comments:

Post a Comment